Senior Product Designer
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. A first-of-its-kind enterprise, we provide access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians along with the tech-enabled infrastructure required to move fast and in compliance within the complex landscape of healthcare.. Our mission? To change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and were recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us!
Our ValuesTo build a future where everyone has access to quality care, we align our work according to our core values. Find out more about our values and other jobs on our website.
Position SummaryAt Wheel, product designers excel with outstanding design thinking, a strong sense of brand, and a customer-obsessed approach to the product experience: always putting the user first.
You'll join the Product team in crafting experiences that deliver delight and reduce friction for a broad spectrum of users, including patients, clinicians, the internal Wheel team, and leading brands. Together, we’ll work to solve the toughest problems in digital healthcare through user insights, results-oriented business objectives, and imaginative technology.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design lifecycle end-to-end, transforming complex systems and sometimes ambiguous requirements into simple and beautiful design.
- Design features and products to improve the experiences of a broad set of users including clinicians, clients, patients and the Wheel team.
- Utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, systems design, and visual design skills to deliver delightful product experiences.
- Apply all aspects of design to your work—including creating wireframes, whiteboarding, design strategy, low-fi, and hi-fi mockups.
- Be an advocate for users while balancing the needs of cross-functional partners’ perspectives and business results.
- Discover and synthesize insights from healthcare professionals and other user audiences about key outcomes and workflows.
- Effectively articulate goals, design decisions, and share design work with leadership and the broader team.
- Work closely with engineering to gather requirements and ship your work.
- Collaborate across departments to promote a user-centric design culture across the organization .
What you’ll bring:
- Experienced: 5+ years of experience designing digital products and systems end-to-end.
- High velocity: Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and executing on multiple projects at one time.
- Give and receive feedback: The willingness to ask for feedback often and from anyone, and the ability to give feedback, no matter how hard.
- Delivery vs. Perfection: Have the fortitude to work with limitations and prioritize ruthlessly when needed.
- UX fluency: Knowledge of best practices for the web and mobile. Gestures, interactivity, flows, and familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility standards.
- Tools fluency: Use the necessary tools to solve problems and get constant feedback: Notebook, whiteboards, Invision, Figma, Sketch, and others.
- Data-driven: Ability to do user research, get the root of problems, and delve into data to drive decision-making.
- Collaborative: Strong verbal and written communication skills to work across the organization and be the voice of the user. The ability to articulate design decisions for adoption and buy-in.
- Curious: Always learning, always pushing boundaries, and the ability to question the status-quo.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.