Chief of Staff
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients.
We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about Wheel's growth.
The Chief of Staff will serve as the CEO’s right hand in formulating and communicating strategy, developing and maintaining operating rhythm, planning and executing on organizational design, and representing the company to investors, employees, partners and other stakeholders. This is a highly visible position in the nexus of operations for a high growth, innovative company.
You’ll be expected to operate at the highest level on a constantly changing set of issues, understand the intricacies of a growing company in a regulated industry, hold your own with intelligent and opinionated staffers and do so while constantly learning new skills and topics. Success in this role means sidestepping the usual career ladder and getting a front row seat to the art and craft of company building.
- Preparing and facilitating key meetings
- Independently running strategic projects
- Proactive identification of developing issues
- Drafting CEO communications and presentation materials
- Lead holistic leadership team operations, including coordination of work streams, meeting and offsite agendas, timely follow-ups, and guide decisions at the highest levels of the company
- Structure and manage communication from the Leadership team to the broader team and surface key issues for the Leadership team’s awareness and action
- Own and execute cross-functional and CEO-driven special projects
- Ensure seamless, cohesive support across our executive team by leading our talented Executive Assistant team and filling in the gaps as necessary
- High achievement orientation
- Mental flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills/EQ with the ability to manage up, down and laterally and collaborate and build relationships across the business
- Goal oriented with strong ownership mentality
- Agile thinker who is able to see the big picture as well as map out the details to achieve goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence, empathy, no ego
- Strong problem solving capabilities, both in ideation and execution
- Analytical thinker with strong quantitative skills, with modeling skills a huge plus
- MBA strongly desired
- Healthcare experience a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.