Customer Support Associate (Part Time)
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As a Customer Support Associate, you will be on the front lines of interaction for all of our internal and external stakeholders including clients, pharmacies, patients, and clinicians. You will be responding to all inquiries and fielding technical issues with robust knowledge of our internal processes. You will work closely with clinicians and the clinical operations team to ensure consults are getting handled in a timely manner.
- You will be covering overnight and weekend shifts
- Effectively communicate with healthcare professionals and patients
- Be the go to individual to answer any inquiries from all of our clients
- Ensure consults are being taken smoothly and timely to ensure there are no interruptions in client business
- Help troubleshoot in real time and help clinicians through onboarding and training process
- Successfully manage inbound emails and calls in a positive and professional manner
- Utilize different proprietary software to navigate medical information
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and active listening
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Resourceful problem solver
- Self starter mentality - ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Healthcare or tech experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.