Clinical Lead, Nurse Practitioner
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s driven to solve problems and build effective solutions within a rapidly growing, unique organization. This role will be the face of the clinical network and conduit between the Wheel clinicians and internal Wheel teams. The Clinical Lead, NP will be responsible for leading protocol development and design. They will partner with the Head of Training on curriculum design, driving training completion across the Wheel clinical network. This role will partner closely with the Medical team to deliver on these initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the unique combination of a strong clinical background as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician, mixed with telehealth experience in leading protocol development & design, a creative & strategic mindset, and a highly collaborative work style. In addition to the Medical team, you’ll be collaborating closely with Sales, Operations, Finance, and Marketing. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is driven to optimize processes to establish a best in class clinical organization.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner across multiple stakeholders, including Operations, Training, and Quality to support training content design, clinical process improvement, and clinical quality assurance.
- Clinical Protocol Design: Design the safest and most efficient clinical protocols for Wheel’s clients while always putting the clinician first.
- Wheel Clinical Ambassador: Serve as a thought-leader within the Wheel organization, sharing perspectives and insights with our broader Wheel Care Team. May include leading webinars, authorship of blog content, and more.
- Clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, active licensure required
- 3+ years of experience in telemedicine, leading clinical protocol development and design
- 5+ years in a Clinical Operations
- Demonstrated experience managing projects from inception to completion
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing projects while adhering to deadlines
- Experience managing a diverse workforce; from clinicians to operations managers
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across the organization
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.