Head of Partnerships
Position Summary: As the Head of Partnerships at Wheel, you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be an integral member of the Commercial leadership team focused on driving our strategic partnerships and business development. We are looking for an analytical problem-solver that can think strategically, build relationships and close deals - yet is willing to roll-up their sleeves and get tactical when needed.
- Own end to end business development strategy and execution, including but not limited to identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing enterprise agreements.
- Establish, lead and deliver on revenue generating partnerships with national and regional partners.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation and contracts.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets.
- Manage complex business development contract negotiations and liaison with the legal, finance, operations and engineering groups.
- Partner closely with Wheel's product team to understand how potential partners fit into the long term roadmap and can accelerate revenue.
- Provide thought leadership and share the latest trends in the virtual care ecosystem to identify new market opportunities.
- 7-10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
- 3+ years of experience in the healthcare or digital health industry
- Experience in a start-up or early stage environment
- A proven track record of successful negotiation
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers as well as setting and managing expectations
- Strong customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations – ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Ability to travel as needed