Medical Director, Behavioral Health
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients.
We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about Wheel's growth.
As a Medical Director, Behavioral Health , you will play a key role in the growth of the company. You will partner closely with the Operations, Sales, Clinical Enablement, and Care teams to help facilitate successful launches and oversee behavioral health clinical processes and protocols for telehealth partners on the Wheel platform. You’ll employ your clinical skills and expertise to ensure client launches move quickly while keeping clinical safety paramount in a rapidly changing clinical and regulatory environment..
This is a 100% remote position that will allow you to work from anywhere while committing to 20 hours a week.
- Client Facing: Work closely with our Manager, Behavioral Health to identify, vet, and onboard virtual care partners in behavioral health. As a behavioral telemedicine subject matter expert, you are comfortable acting in a consultative role to guide conversations with behavioral health prospects and clients. You know how to build relationships and earn trust in pursuit of developing and nurturing partnerships.
- Clinical Safety & Protocol Oversight : Work closely with our clinical operations team to evaluate clinical safety and protocols prior to onboarding clients to ensure the safety of the clinicians and patients on Wheel’s platform.
- Clinical Quality and Continuous Improvement: Design and oversee quality assurance processes and procedures that scale to ensure clinicians are adhering to Wheel’s clinical and process guidelines.
- Clinical Guidance & Evangelism: Wheel is building the highest quality clinical networks in the industry. You will provide guidance and support to behavioral health clinicians who have clinical questions regarding protocols or any other clinical related inquiries. Additionally, you will be evangelising Wheel to clients, clinicians, and the industry in the form of thought leadership, webinars, and video conversations..
Skills & Qualifications
- Licensed Psychiatrist MD/DO with at least 5 Years of clinical experience and actively practicing
- Board Certified in Psychiatry. Ability to pass the company's Credentialing process
- Demonstrated experience practicing virtual care, outstanding clinical expertise, and strong business acumen
- Preferably licensed in 5+ states (must be in good standing and active)
- Experience developing and launching clinical protocols
- Adaptable self-starter comfortable working in a startup where things move at lightning speed
- Professional, clear communicator with excellent attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills
- 100% Remote - 20 hours per week during business hours (must be available for video calls during these hours)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.