Head of Product - Platform
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As Wheel’s Head of Product - Platform, you will be responsible for developing, driving, and executing our strategy for our Virtual Care Platform, while leading the launch of additional new products and features. As a bridge between our technical and operational teams, you will work to build tools that meet the various needs of our stakeholders throughout their Wheel journey. You will work closely with internal partners and clients to increase the value they receive from Wheel products and features each and every day. With each of these pieces, your affinity for data and analytics will play an integral role in determining and measuring the metrics that matter relative to our key business goals.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone to lead and implement initiatives that have massive impacts on growth, engagement, conversion, and internal operations while being part of a growing team. The right individual will have a strong product leadership background matched with a roll-up-your sleeves attitude, a bias toward action, and the ability to accomplish quality work at high velocity.
- Lead Platform Products in a high velocity, high growth environment.
- Bring an agile methodology that drives clarity and alignment across the company.
- Connect Wheel’s platform product roadmap and team with larger business and company goals.
- Bring world-class product execution to Wheel that enables a world class clinician experience while enabling opportunities for innovation and commercial growth within the Virtual Care Platform and the product organization
- Partner with key stakeholders to further grow enterprise adoption of Wheel's Virtual Care Platform
- Deeply understand our customer needs and lead the execution of user research to bring in new revenue streams and opportunities
- Partner with commercial and internal stakeholders to ensure our products and services delight our users, meet their needs, and exceed expectations.
- Build a sense of product ownership and lead a team that is driven to enable growth and scale of the company.
- Align business and market goal with product strategy and process. Leverage market research, opportunity identification, macro trends, and - --- Wheel’s growth trajectory to inform the product roadmap and team.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the organization, including new insights and intuitions for which product investments will be most valuable.
- Articulate a vision for the future of Wheel’s platform products, ranging from broad strategy to detailed product features.
- 10+ years of Product Management and Product Strategy experience developing, prioritizing, aligning and coordinating both high-level roadmaps and day- to- day execution.
- Experience leading teams through post product/market fit growth with revenue-bearing products in high-growth healthcare companies
- 6+ years of building teams: proven track record of attracting, retaining, and developing future leaders.
- Demonstrable experience delivering a platform-based approach - identifying horizontal business integrations that can be combined to service multiple business verticals
- Operational excellence: you can see the big picture while also digging in and sweating the details.
- Strong product intuition and customer empathy; passionate about building great products that delight end-users.
- Successful track record of building innovative, commercially-successful technical product(s) in health care. Keen understanding of the broader Health Tech market.
- Experience proactively communicating your teams' plans and accomplishments to ensure alignment with senior leadership, investors, and technical partners.
- Clear definition of ownership and decision-making across the Platform product team and broader organization.
- Must manifest Wheel values and act as a catalyst for others to do so.
- Leads from the front, can drive decision-making
- Creates shared context and understanding of challenges by openly acknowledging them
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.