Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
- Build, motivate and develop Wheel’s accounting team
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department - Monthly Financial Close, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations, Treasury/Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting, Entity consolidation, Tax, and Audit
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures including policies on key GAAP recognition policies such as revenue, leasing, etc.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Produce Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial statements that are accurate and produced in a timely fashion in accordance with GAAP
- Collaborate with FP&A to analyze key variances from the budget
- Work to reduce the timing of the close process
- Oversee the timeliness and accuracy of the annual audit process
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain and review corporate insurance policies
- 12+ years experience in accounting/finance (audit, industry accounting role, etc.)
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Prior experience as Controller of a business with $75M+ in annual revenue, startup experience strongly preferred
- Netsuite Accounting Software user and administrator skills
- Strong team leadership and communications skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Big 4/Public Accounting audit experience preferred
- Located in Austin, Texas