Visual / Brand Designer
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
- Responsible for all brand and marketing visual assets, spearheading how we communicate complex ideas in simple, digestible ways.
- Refine and evolve the Wheel brand through research and experimentation.
- Design compelling assets for use by the Sales, Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Communications, and Content Marketing teams, including infographics, iconography, sales materials, web pages, campaign landing pages, animations, video storyboards, email marketing, social media assets, and more.
- Take complex ideas and communicate them in visually elegant, simple ways to drive higher engagement with key Wheel audiences.
- Collaborate with the Product UX Designers to ensure brand alignment across product and marketing channels.
- Develop responsive designs for the websites and campaign landing pages which employ thoughtful UX in line with our brand.
- Collaborate with marketing and product team members to conduct research with customers, clinicians, and target audiences to understand market trends and user insights.
- Engage with all key stakeholders to understand and prioritize what visual assets, templates, and standards can best bring their ideas to life.
- Be an untiring steward of the Wheel brand.
- 3–5 years of visual design experience.
- Formal training in digital visual communications, brand identity, and graphic design.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate experience, style, and technique.
- A deep understanding of brand design, visual hierarchy, information design concepts, typography, iconography, and color strategy.
- Proficient with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides and other design tools.
- Knowledgeable of brand and marketing design best practices, current industry trends, and the latest design techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate design decisions for adoption and buy-in.