Director, People Operations
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Wheel is growing rapidly and is seeking a Director, People Operations to scale the people processes and programs to support and enable this growth. In this role, you will be a key member of the People Leadership Team and will build a best-in-class, diverse People Operations organization. You will work across the Company to develop and iterate strategic programs that span compensation, total rewards, benefits, and the people tech stack.
- Serve as strategic thought leader across all People Operations verticals to drive operational excellence and a seamless employee experience.
- Build and scale core People strategies, programs and processes including: compensation, total rewards (short term and long term incentives), benefits, people tech stack, and policies.
- Work cross-functionally with People, Talent, Finance, Legal and IT to develop and execute aligned, consistent, and compliant processes that effectively support a high growth, distributed organization.
- Build and scale a people analytics practice that provides insight on organizational health as well as actionable recommendations to improve or optimize.
- Collaborate with People Partners and Finance on payroll, total rewards management, annual salary review, and other core processes.
- Own HR compliance with federal, state and local requirements across all locations where Wheelies are based.
- Consolidate and simplify People processes and tech stack to create a frictionless and positive experience for both users and administrators.
- Maintain the integrity of People data, by developing regular controls and audit processes.
- Develop playbooks for People processes and support the change management and training for end users.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 5+ years experience with people management and People Operations, at a high growth, scaling tech start up.
- Deep expertise in compensation strategies and programs, including executive compensation, equity programs, and short/long-term incentive programs.
- Demonstrated experience building, developing and leading a People Operations Team.
- Track record of developing a core HR infrastructure on which to build and scale programs, while using an interactive and iterative approach
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to influence and storytell; skilled at simplifying the complex to end users
- Business partner and consultative approach with all levels of the organization, from employees through executives; anticipate future needs while managing day-to-day operations
- Experience with leveraging technology to scale People processes and programs in a high growth, fast-paced environment. Experience with BambooHR and TRAX strongly preferred.