Software Engineer II
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
- Contribute towards making technology, framework, and architecture decisions for Wheel’s systems alongside broader Engineering Team
- Ensure we’re constantly moving our product forward in a build-learn-iterate model
- Collaborate with product, design, and leadership to ideate and develop winning products that help move the business forward
- Design, build, deploy and maintain user experiences that scale with a high growth company
- Take ownership of new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
- 2+ years experience full-stack development building real-world web applications in production environments
- You are a collaborative engineer and an empathetic person who works well within a diverse team
- Experience building web applications or SaaS products using modern open-source technologies
- You are curious, aware when to ask for help, and have a strong desire to make an impact
- Exemplary communication skills; able to explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly