Manager, People Partners
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Wheel is seeking a Manager, People Partners to enable the rapid growth of the company and our Wheelies. This new role reports directly to the Head of People and is responsible for providing hands-on and strategic HR support to the go-to-market and G&A executives and their leadership teams. The Manager, People Partners will build and develop a team of consultative, strategic, and action-oriented People Partners, all while working across the broader People Team and organization.
- Build, lead and develop a People Partner team that provides hands on and strategic HR support to the G&A and go-to-market functions, including: Sales, Marketing, Finance & Business Operations and Legal.
- Directly partner with executives and their leadership teams to develop and execute departmental-level people strategies, initiatives and programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including organizational design, change management, talent planning and management, and career development.
- Collaborate with Recruiting and Finance Teams on headcount planning.
- Lead core HR functions for assigned client groups, including: performance management, calibration, and talent reviews.
- Work across the People Team to design and implement company-wide programs.
- 5+ years HR Business Partner experience with at least 2 years providing both executive and departmental level support
- 2+ years experience building, leading, and developing a team of HR Business Partners
- Previous experience HR Business Partnering for a Sales organization strongly preferred
- Exceptional relationship builder and communicator at all levels of the organization from executives through individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to influence, challenge, and coach senior executives and leaders
- Extensive experience managing employee relations process and the relevant local, state, and federal employment laws
- Experience with owning large and small scale People initiatives from conception through execution and maintenance
- Ability to work in and respond to a fast-paced, dynamic, and high growth environment through prioritization
- Strong project management abilities, working with large cross-functional teams
- Previous exposure to design thinking as a problem solving tool preferred