Medical Director, Digital Health and Labs
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
- Experience working with businesses in an external-facing role, establish clinical framework for new and existing clients within Digital Health and Labs
- Strong business and clinical acumen and experience working with cross-functional business and clinical teams
- Experience with product/business launches and leading successful programs
- Help customers understand how Wheel’s solutions can and should be deployed to best serve their desired care models
- Partner with the Commercial “Go to Market” team to design and build the clinical strategy that augments the business strategy for Wheel’s launch into new verticals.
- Collaborate and provide clinical guidance with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Develop and maintain clinical intakes and guidelines for new treatment areas, while supporting clients through implementation and launch
- Member of Wheel’s Credentialing Committee Board
- Contribute to Wheel’s Quality assurance program; provide support in Clinician performance and feedback
Background & Experience:
- MD/DO with 3+ years experience as a leader within a healthcare delivery system, hospital setting, or related healthcare field, supporting business decisions through a commercial mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across the organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and programs with a wide variety of stakeholders
- 1+ years in telehealth or virtual care setting preferred
- Stay abreast of what is happening in the industry and connect to the digital health
community in an authentic way.
- Drive the development of research studies to generate evidence to support the effectiveness of Wheel’s solutions.
- Translate the data or evidence that Wheel’s solutions work, and quantify the impact.
- Recommend policy positions on clinical issues.
- Maintain licenses in good standing in all licensed jurisdictions.