Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As Wheel’s first Creative Director, you’ll be the driving force behind the next-leveling of the creative expression of the Wheel brand, developing strategy, guidelines and impactful assets, as well as starting an in-house team of creatives. You will be a builder, establishing both vision and process to drive successful outcomes for all creative projects. You’ll direct the development of brand collateral, campaign assets and brand actions, while overseeing the team delivering projects through execution across digital and analog channels. You’ll scale a team of creatives, aiding them in advancing their skillset, careers and craft.
- Establish Wheel’s first in-house creative team
- Reporting into Wheel’s Senior Director, Brand, drive the creative expression key to the company’s brand-building
- Lead the development of creative guidelines, concepts, campaigns and assets in a fast-paced, team-centric environment
- Direct and shape work that is strategically sound, conceptually inspiring and creatively powerful to connect target customers and partners to Wheel in new & innovative ways
- Successfully drive teams to ensure the objectives of a content, creative brief are met or exceeded
- Exhibit a firm understanding of how the Wheel brand strategy influences creative and the ability to routinely direct teams to deliver work that is on strategy and positively impacts business outcomes
- As a member of Marketing Leadership, instill collaboration across teams and partner with Communications, Growth, Product Marketing, Commercial and Clinical teams to provide guidance, insights, and perspectives in support of requested initiatives that are external, client and internally facing
- Inspire and motivate teams to create their best work
- Develop new and enhance existing processes to help creative scale
- Provide clear, timely, and helpful feedback to improve creative output and processes, keeping work on budget and schedule
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in a brand creative or design environment within a healthcare brand internal team, or advertising, branding or marketing agency environment
- 5+ years as creative leader within a healthcare brand internal team, or advertising, branding or marketing agency environment, responsible for growing direct reports
- Strong understanding of digital content and digital creative channels, UX/UI, digital channel formats and their impact on lead generation, nurture and sales enablement
- Critical thinker who is passionate, motivated, ambitious, self-confident, efficient, resourceful, and professional
- Ability to think beyond messaging and into brand actions when developing creative campaigns
- Organized, open-minded, and capable of delivering tangible results in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Robust background with experience in developing processes for scaling creative development quickly and accurately
- Strong communicator who is engaging, persuasive, inspiring and motivating internally and externally
- Ability to articulate ideas well; be resourceful and persistent in execution
- Committed to creating high-quality work and building positive working relationships with all team members in Marketing and at Wheel
- Willing and eager to prioritize diversity and inclusion