Senior Internal Communications Manager
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Wheel is looking for an experienced internal communications leader to join our growing communications team and help keep employees informed, inspired, and connected to our mission, values, and roadmap. This person will report directly to the head of communications and will be responsible for building Wheel’s internal communications program from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who will provide strong guidance, leadership, and expertise as a trusted advisor to the Wheel leadership team and a strong partner to the Wheel people team. They’ll excel under pressure in a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment while leading sensitive cross-functional efforts, including large-scale organizational changes. This person will also be responsible for identifying how to best measure the impact of internal communications and leverage insights to inform their overall strategy.
Just in the last year, Wheel raised $200 million, including a $150 million Series C round in January. Forbes also named Wheel as a "Next Billion Dollar Startup" and Built In named Wheel as a Best Remote-First Places to Work. This is a great opportunity to join a small but high-performing team for one of the fastest-growing health tech brands.
- Drive the company’s internal communications strategy and framework from the ground up, developing playbooks and roadmap to drive efficiency and alignment across the company
- Serve as an effective and trusted expert working cross-functionally on high-profile change management and new initiatives with the communications team, people team, and leadership team
- Partner with Wheel leaders to develop internal messaging for company updates, business updates, key initiatives, industry news, and other topics.
- Measure the success of our communications efforts by developing actionable KPIs and dashboards for program monitoring, sharing results with the broader team and key stakeholders, turning learnings into actionable insights.
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure the overall internal communications strategy is consistent and aligned with external narratives and strategy.
Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience developing and leading internal communications strategies
- Great listener who knows how to bring the best stories out of people who are busy leading — and comfortable providing feedback to senior leaders
- Confident writer with strong communication skills. And a demonstrated ability to take complex subject matter and break it down into simple, clear language for a wide range of audiences
- Confident managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Comfortable analyzing data and insights to highlight impact on the business, inform overall strategy
- Organized, flexible, strategic thinker - execute timely tasks while working collaboratively, juggling many competing priorities and overlapping timelines.
- Comfortable operating independently, willing to try new things and get outside your comfort zone
- Passion for the future potential of healthcare - prior healthcare experience is a plus