Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As an SDET at Wheel, you’ll be responsible for building test automation systems and quality assurance systems that give us a high degree of confidence in the quality of the software we build and operate. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining the most critical end to end tests that validate our production releases. You will be responsible for setting up systems that assess and report on the quality of our software. As new testing technologies and methodologies evolve, you will be responsible for evaluating and introducing them into the organization are built and maintained and running teams that are critical to the success of the company.
Success in this role requires disciplined, self-directed execution and a collaborative approach to working. You will be required to educate the rest of the organization on quality best practices and their responsibilities in ensuring high quality. A curiosity driven, pragmatic approach to building a quality framework and tools is essential for success in this role.
- Work within the SDET team to develop an automated testing framework and critical test cases with a strong emphasis on shortening the test cycle through automation
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate adherence to quality standards
- Continuously improve test automation framework, tools and integration with CI/CD infrastructure, to continually improve the quality of our software deployment processes.
- Collaborate with teammates in Development, and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies
- Mentor and guide team in quality and testing best-practices for modern web products and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
- Design and development experience in open source technology
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with API test automation frameworks (REST, GRPC)
- Ability to create test cases (automation and manual) and analyze results
- A firm grasp of software design principles and patterns
- The proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Experience using and incorporating quality into CI/CD infrastructure using virtual and cloud resources.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS