Senior DevOps Engineer
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We’re seeking a seasoned Dev Ops Engineer who will help build the next evolution of our underlying infrastructure . The ideal candidate is obsessed with amplifying the productivity of our development team, by providing the underlying infrastructure, quality/staging/production high availability data centers, tools, frameworks, building blocks and services that allow our developers to do their best work rapidly with the confidence that the underlying infrastructure will seamlessly scale as needed. As Senior Dev Ops engineer you will be responsible for working with the broader DevOps team to establish a technical roadmap for our infrastructure including but not limited to our deployment pipelines, various development and production environments, observability systems and overall system reliability. You will collaborate with Product Managers and other engineering stakeholders to drive a high standard of building services in a standard and scalable manner.
Success in this role requires keen technical acumen, pragmatism and desire to simplify and solve complex problems. You will also be responsible for mentoring more early career engineers and provide them opportunities to develop their skills.
- Build, configure, and optimize highly available systems for the Wheel platform.
- Scale out our monitoring systems so that anytime something isn’t working, we know before our customers do.
- Implement tools that run our software tests, control our build process, and trigger deployments across our CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with Security to harden our distributed cloud infrastructure, adhering to our compliance policies and procedures.
- Design software architecture, map out topologies, create IAC, and document everything along the way.
- Showcase new tools and technologies to keep us up to date with current best practices.
- Listen, learn, and train other engineers on DevOps processes and automation.
- Proficient working within AWS and GCP to host highly available infrastructure and extremely comfortable using their new, emerging products.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines on tools like CircleCI and Github Actions to test and deploy microservices at scale.
- Can analyze network traffic, debug application crashes, and convert documentation into code from our upstream providers.
- Able to use logging/monitoring tools like StackDriver, Cloudwatch, and Datadog to create dashboards, metrics, and alarms for our cloud infrastructure.
- Capable of leading a project from inception to completion, all while educating stakeholders along the way.