Operations Manager, Operations Strategy
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
The Operations Strategy Manager is responsible for the operational efficiency of the internal operations teams, providing innovation, reporting and process improvement support across the Operations organization. You will work closely with our key cross-functional partners to manage large scale initiatives, establish and scale internal operations processes and infrastructure and support our quarterly planning processes.
If you have a track record of driving clarity and speed of execution across large and complex projects and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, this is the position for you!
- Strategic planning. You’ll help drive quarterly, annual, and ongoing planning across the operations organization, including identifying goals and metrics, surfacing risks and opportunities, and ensuring alignment across cross-functional teams.
- Analytics and Insights. Build dashboards, presentations and strategic models that enable our teams to better understand the operational pace across different verticals. This will involve working on roadmapping, ad hoc supply/demand analysis, supply forecasting, MBRs, QBRs, and other reporting needed to align the Operations team with other departments.
- Collaboration. Collaborate with Ops leadership on business reviews and engage in strategic initiatives to address opportunities for improvement in the way we work, communicate and how we collaborate with other departments.
- Drive increased efficiencies : Continuously assess where we can improve existing processes to enable high velocity scaling and execution. Project manage those improvements alongside the Ops team to ensure we are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Get things done: Serve as a key partner for getting things done regardless of the project or task. You’ll operate with high velocity, efficiency, and empathy to offer strategic and analytical support to the highest profile challenges across the operations organization.
- 4+ years of work experience in Program Management, Operations, Product, and/or Strategy consulting, or 2+ years experience with MBA/Master’s degree
- Experience leading operations projects at a hyper growth startup (ideally a marketplace technology company), or consulting firm
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and modeling preferred
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to drive towards consensus at all levels of an organization
- Organized, fast-paced, proactive executor.
- Experience bringing clarity with little oversight.