Strategic Account Manager II
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As a Strategic Account Manager at Wheel, you will play a lead role in driving long-term retention and revenue growth across Wheel’s top accounts. You will act as a connector, working closely with many internal teams (clinical, account operations, product, finance, legal, etc) to ensure our client needs are being met at all times.
This role covers the full customer lifecycle from supporting relationships during launch, to overseeing scaling efforts and expansion opportunities over time.
- Own and grow client partnerships with the goal of exceeding defined GMV and customer satisfaction targets.
- Drive all client activities; own cadence, agenda and strategy for weekly and monthly calls, host quarterly business reviews, ensure client needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Remain in sync with success metrics that matter to our customers and develop a set of KPIs that are regularly measured and jointly reviewed.
- Facilitate and build C-level and down relationships between Wheel and our client organizations, optimizing for strategic positioning, alignment, and growth.
- Advocate for customer needs internally: Proactively partner with Account Operations, Clinical Operations, Legal, Finance, GTM Solutions, Sales, and other internal teams to deliver on short-term initiatives, achieve KPIs, and maintain customer happiness.
- Represent the voice of our customers internally to ensure Wheel’s roadmap aligns to active customer roadmaps where appropriate.
- Negotiate and execute renewal and amendment contracts to retain customers and ensure partnerships remain mutually beneficial to both Wheel and our valued customers.
- Identify expansion opportunities and work with the Sales team to expand existing service offerings for active customers.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, client press, and new product rollouts internal to Wheel.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert to more junior team members who are looking to advance their careers.
- 15+ years of Account Management experience managing enterprise/strategic and Top Accounts (with high growth targets)
- Experience in the Healthcare industry required
- Experience navigating clients through complex product expansions
- Proven track record in cross-sell/up-sell initiatives within existing accounts
- Comfort with ambiguity: experience adapting in rapidly changing environments and contributing to an evolving customer management process
- Curiosity: always looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and give/receive feedback
- Critical core competencies include: Ability to work independently; strong ability to proactively develop relationships; excellent communication skills; ability to think strategically about client needs, agendas, and dynamics, and create solutions and approaches that deliver on client needs; demonstrated leadership experience.