Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Wheel is looking for an experienced events manager to join our growing marketing team. We’re looking for someone who is highly organized, eager to build from the ground up in a fast-moving environment, enjoys working cross-functionally across multiple stakeholders, and is driven by results. This person will report directly to the Head of Communications and will be a key member of the Wheel marketing team. They’ll be responsible for executing Wheel’s events strategy and supporting company goals in driving pipeline, engaging with clients, and growing brand awareness.
- Develop and maintain a 12-month calendar, project tracker, and budget of sponsored and owned events
- Project manage all aspects of each event — from development through execution — working cross-functionally across the marketing and commercial teams to drive deliverables and outcomes
- Serve as the primary point of contact with outside vendors and contractors
- Proactively identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency in our processes and help Wheel’s event strategy scale over time
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to establish the strategy and objectives for each event
- Establish KPIs for each event and own the reporting and tracking of performance
- 4+ years of events experience, ideally at a fast-growing startup
- Prior experience owning and driving a successful event program
- Strong understanding of the role of events in driving pipeline, client retention, and brand awareness
- Strong communication, negotiation, and project and budget management skills
- Confident cross-functional partner with experience working across all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment and run multiple initiatives at the same time
- Detail-oriented project owner who can own and drive an event from beginning to end and articulate the business impact
- Willingness to travel as needed for in-person events