Sr. Manager, Credentialing, Licensing, Payor Enrollment
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As the Senior Manager of Healthcare Services at Wheel, you will lead a team tasked with building, developing and managing our credentialing, licensing and payor enrollment programs at Wheel. As the leader of the team, you'll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution for your team, including big bets, incremental improvements, near- and long-term initiatives.
- Demonstrates commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and goals of Wheel, modeling the values and culture
- The Senior Manager of Healthcare Services will work under the supervision of the Director of Central Operations
- Lead internal and external efforts around payor enrollment, including confidently speaking about payor-specific nuances to clients and working with vendors to facilitate the enrollment process
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on payor enrollment
- Manage payor enrollment verification processes to support client-specific needs and overall company strategy
- Oversee primary source verification credentialing, including maintaining NCQA-compliant credentialing processes
- Manage licensing processes, including guiding clinicians (MDs, DOs, NPs, and BH professionals) on obtaining licenses
- Manage collaboration requirements for Nurse Practitioners across all 50 states and oversee collaborative practice agreements
- Work closely with payors, clients, vendors, and internal teams to ensure credentialing, licensing, and enrollment processes are completed in a timely and compliant manner
- 2+ years of experience in telehealth payor enrollment, preferably with experience across multiple payors and states
- Understanding of payor networks as it relates to Primary Care, specialists, and Behavioral Health
- Experience with NCQA accreditation, CAQH, URAC, governmental online application
- Experience in primary source verification credentialing and licensing preferred
- Experience with Nurse Practitioner scope of practice preferred
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, both with internal and external stakeholders