Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As an Engineering Manager at Wheel, you’ll be responsible for building software and running teams that are critical to the success of the company. You will lay the foundation for our engineering team, focused on creating technology platforms and products to support our mission to become the infrastructure of Virtual Care. In this position, you will work across the entire company, and closely with clients to define and deliver your goals. The majority of your work would be ‘green field’ with the opportunity to be part of defining best-in-class solutions to virtual care problems. You are a true people leader; someone who believes in “we” before “me” and your team’s motivation, growth, and wellbeing first. You are self-motivated, versatile, compassionate, and can work equally well in highly collaborative settings as well as those with little direction.
- Support, mentor and grow your engineers to help them continuously improve
- Ensure we’re constantly moving our product forward in a build-learn-iterate model
- Mentor and guide your team in best-practices for modern web products and distributed systems
- Be ‘hands on’ - you can still code alongside your team
- Collaborate with product, design, and leadership to ideate and develop winning products that help move the business forward
- Design, build, deploy and maintain systems and user experiences that scale with a high growth company
- Take ownership of new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
Technologies we use and teach:
- 3+ years of management experience, running multiple teams simultaneously
- Aptitude for working in a collaborative environment as an empathetic teammate
- 6+ years experience full-stack development, building real-world web applications in production environments
- You can operate autonomously and have a strong desire to make an impact
- Exemplary communication skills; able to explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Bonus points if you have prior startup experience or have experience building highly scalable products. Growth startup experience - series A/B is ideal
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Thrives in a collaborative and diverse environment