Senior Software Engineer
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients.
We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you!
As a software engineer at Wheel, you’ll jump right in and work on projects that are critical to the success of the company. Our engineers are self-motivated, versatile, compassionate and can work equally well in highly collaborative settings as well as those with little direction. The majority of our work is ‘green field’ with the opportunity to be part of defining ‘best in class’ solutions to virtual care problems.
- Make technology, framework and architecture decisions for Wheel’s systems
- Ensure we’re constantly moving our product forward in a build-learn-iterate model
- Mentor and guide team in best-practices for modern web products and distributed systems
- Collaborate with product, design, and leadership to ideate and develop winning products that help move the business forward
- Design, build, deploy and maintain user experiences that scale with a high growth company
- Take ownership of new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years experience full-stack development building real-world web applications in production environments
- You are a collaborative engineer and an empathetic person who works well within a diverse team
- Deep experience building web applications or SaaS products using modern open-source technologies
- You can operate autonomously and have a strong desire to make an impact
- Exemplary communication skills; able to explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.