Customer Support Associate
Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
-Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
-Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
-CB Insights Digital Health 150
-Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
As a Customer Support Associate, you will be on the front lines interacting with our customers via email, chat, and phones. You will help our customers by acting as a liaison, providing product/services information, answering questions, and resolving any emerging problems with accuracy and efficiency.
We are looking to hire multiple positions to span our 24/7 work environment.
- Work closely with our customers and internal teams to ensure customers are getting handled in a timely manner
- Effectively escalate urgent support requests
- Take personal ownership of customer requests and provide a world-class level of support via all support channels
- Troubleshoot and handle complicated and sensitive customer inquiries
- Deliver timely and accurate responses to customer questions and requests as determined by internal SLAs
- Maintain accountability for accurate and timely assistance to our customers
- Take on specialized tasks within the department as requested by leadership
- 1+ years of customer support or related experience
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong customer service background and strong communication skills via phone, chat, and email with a customer-centric mindset
- Demonstrates self-initiative and a drive for excellence
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Capable of using discretion to assess, triage, and escalate customer requests as appropriate and in accordance with defined SLAs
- Moderate computer and advanced typing skills
- Previous experience with ZenDesk a plus
- Previous experience in technical troubleshooting a plus
- Previous experience working in the healthcare industry a plus
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.