Senior QA Automation Engineer
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As our Sr. QA Automation Engineer, you would have the opportunity to work with the development team in building and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and cases. You’ll build and enhance an automation framework from the ground up, automating tests of newly integrated features, and developing toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. You will collaborate with people across the company while delivering the highest-quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner, during a time of astronomical growth and product expansion.
- Develop and execute test plans (automated and manual) and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results
- Build our test automation framework, tools, and technologies, to continually advance the quality bar
- Write specialized testing tools for our software platform, as needed
- Collaborate with teammates in Development, and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools, successfully addressing specific needs
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
- 6+ years of design and development experience in open source technology
- 6+ years of experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with API test automation frameworks (REST, GRPC)
- Ability to create test cases (automation and manual) and analyze results
- A firm grasp of software design principles and patterns
- The proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Experience building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.