Visual / Brand Designer
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
We’re looking for an all-star Visual / Brand Designer to craft beautiful and effective assets for all of Wheel’s marketing, communications, and brand needs. In partnership with the Product Design team, and as the first full time designer on the Marketing team, you’ll play an integral role in shaping Wheel’s marketing efforts and the future of the Wheel brand.
- Responsible for all brand and marketing visual assets, spearheading how we communicate complex ideas in simple, digestible ways.
- Refine and evolve the Wheel brand through research and experimentation.
- Design compelling assets for use by the Sales, Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Communications, and Content Marketing teams, including infographics, iconography, sales materials, web pages, campaign landing pages, animations, video storyboards, email marketing, social media assets, and more.
- Take complex ideas and communicate them in visually elegant, simple ways to drive higher engagement with key Wheel audiences.
- Collaborate with the Product UX Designers to ensure brand alignment across product and marketing channels.
- Develop responsive designs for the websites and campaign landing pages which employ thoughtful UX in line with our brand.
- Collaborate with marketing and product team members to conduct research with customers, clinicians, and target audiences to understand market trends and user insights.
- Engage with all key stakeholders to understand and prioritize what visual assets, templates, and standards can best bring their ideas to life.
- Be an untiring steward of the Wheel brand.
- 3–5 years of visual design experience.
- Formal training in digital visual communications, brand identity, and graphic design.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate experience, style, and technique.
- A deep understanding of brand design, visual hierarchy, information design concepts, typography, iconography, and color strategy.
- Proficient with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides and other design tools.
- Knowledgeable of brand and marketing design best practices, current industry trends, and the latest design techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate design decisions for adoption and buy-in.
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.