Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
At Wheel, product designers excel with outstanding design thinking, a strong sense of brand, and a customer-obsessed approach to the product experience: always putting the user first. You'll join the Product and Engineering team in crafting experiences that deliver delight and reduce friction for a broad spectrum of users, including patients, clinicians, the internal Wheel team, and leading brands. Together, we’ll work to solve the toughest problems in digital healthcare through user insights, results-oriented business objectives, and imaginative technology.
- Own the design lifecycle end-to-end, transforming complex systems and sometimes ambiguous requirements into simple and beautiful design
- Design features and products to improve the experiences of a broad set of users including clinicians, clients, patients and the Wheel team
- Utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, systems design, and visual design skills to deliver delightful product experiences
- Apply all aspects of design to your work—including research, ideation, wireframing, low-fi, and hi-fi mockups and prototyping. Be an advocate for users while balancing the needs of cross-functional partners’ perspectives and business results
- Discover and synthesize insights from healthcare professionals and other user audiences about key outcomes and workflows
- Effectively articulate goals, design decisions, and share design work with the larger product and engineering teams
- Work closely with engineering to gather requirements and ship your work.
- Work closely with product management to research, plan and review your work
- Collaborate across departments to promote a user-centric design culture across the organization
- Help build upon the design process best practices and methodologies
- 3-6 years of experience designing digital products and systems end-to-end.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and executing on multiple projects at one time with high velocity
- The willingness to ask for feedback often and from anyone, and the ability to give feedback, no matter how hard
- Have the fortitude to work with limitations and prioritize when needed, with the ability to discern between delivery and perfection
- Knowledge of best practices for the web and mobile, gestures, interactivity, flows, and familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility standards
- Proficient with Figma and experience with designing, prototyping and brainstorming within the platform
- Ability to do user research, get the root of problems, and delve into data to drive decision-making
-Strong verbal and written communication skills to work across the organization and be the voice of the user. The ability to articulate design decisions for adoption and buy-in
- Always learning, always pushing boundaries, and the ability to question the status quo
- You are a humble and thoughtful team player
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.