Sr. Manager, Executive Communications
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Learn more about what we are building in Forbes.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
Wheel is looking for an experienced executive communications leader to join our growing team and help tell authentic and inspiring stories about Wheel’s vision for the future of healthcare. This person will report directly to the head of communications and will play an integral role in shaping Wheel’s overall awareness and reputation.
This person will serve as a key member of the communications team and trusted advisor to the Wheel leadership team, collaborating closely to develop and execute an executive communications strategy that supports our overall company narratives. This person will also be responsible for developing an internal-facing executive communications strategy, partnering closely with Wheel leaders to communicate key updates with employees.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced in developing compelling narratives, who is driven by curiosity and is a natural storyteller, is comfortable distilling complex issues for multiple stakeholders, and is self-motivated to excel under pressure.
Just in the last year, Forbes named Wheel as a "Next Billion Dollar Startup" and Insider named Wheel’s CEO to their 30 under 40 list. This is a great opportunity to join a small but high-performing team for one of the fastest-growing health tech brands.
- Develop and manage strategic efforts that allow Wheel leaders to demonstrate their expertise while also complementing our overall company narratives
- Identify and support thought leadership opportunities for Wheel leaders — including pitches, blog posts, bylines, social posts, and speaking opportunities
- Partner with the head of communications to build the company’s internal communications strategy, including developing an internal executive communications strategy for a growing team
- Partner with Wheel leaders to develop internal messaging for company updates, business updates, key initiatives, industry news, and other topics
- Measure the success of our communications efforts by developing actionable KPIs and dashboards for program monitoring, sharing results with the broader team and key stakeholders, turning learnings into actionable insights
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure the overall communications strategy is consistent and aligned with objectives, values, and voice - while also adapting and reacting to trends and events in the digital healthcare industry
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including clinical operations, product, sales, and legal
- The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience developing and executive and/or corporate communications initiatives
- You’re a great listener who knows how to bring the best stories out of people who are busy leading — and comfortable providing feedback to senior leaders
- Passion for the future potential of healthcare - prior healthcare experience a strong plus
- Confident writer with strong communication skills. And a demonstrated ability to take complex subject matter and break down into simple, clear language for a wide range of audiences
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Comfortable analyzing data and insights to highlight impact to the business, inform overall strategy
- Organized, flexible, strategic thinker - execute on timely tasks while working collaboratively, juggling many competing priorities and overlapping timelines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.