Clinical Lead, Psychotherapy
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As a Clinical Lead of Psychotherapy in Behavioral Health, you will play a key role in the growth of the company. You will partner closely with the Behavioral Health Medical Director and Behavioral Health Manager to help facilitate successful launches and oversee behavioral health clinical processes and protocols for telehealth clinicians and partners on the Wheel platform. You may also partner with Wheel Operations, Sales, Clinical Enablement, and Care teams as requested. You’ll employ clinical skills and expertise to ensure clinical safety remains paramount throughout client launches.
This is a 100% remote position that will allow you to work from anywhere while compensated on an hourly basis. Please note this is a contract opportunity. 10-15 hours of work expected per week.
- Screen, train, and provide ongoing support for new masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists
- Perform focused and ongoing chart reviews for Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists and Physician Assistants
- Provide direct feedback to Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists or Physician Assistants on their clinical and non-clinical performance
- Work with various Wheel teams to assist Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists in their EMR interface
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of Psychotherapy Policy and Procedures and trainings
- Member of the credentialing and peer review committees
- Facilitate clinical placement for Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists within the Wheel network
- Act as liaison between Wheel and clients regarding Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists’ performance and placements
- Develop onboarding and orientation processes’ and facilitate retention specific to new Psychotherapy providers
- Provide subject matter expertise in the practice and regulations relevant to Psychotherapy standards
- Work closely with our Medical Director and Manager of Behavioral Health to identify, vet, and onboard virtual care partners in behavioral health seeking Psychotherapy staff
- Assist the Medical Director and Manager of Behavioral Health in the evaluation of clinical safety and protocols prior to onboarding clients to ensure the safety of the Psychotherapy clinicians and patients on Wheel’s platform
- Assist the Medical Director and Manager of Behavioral Health in the design of and oversee the quality assurance processes and procedures that scale to ensure Psychotherapy clinicians are adhering to Wheel’s clinical and process guidelines.
- You will provide guidance and support to behavioral health Psychotherapy clinicians who have clinical questions regarding protocols or any other clinical related inquiries. Additionally, you will be evangelizing Wheel to clients, Psychotherapy clinicians, and the industry in the form of thought leadership, webinars, and video conversations.
- Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists degree from a Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists school accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting entity
- An active Masters or Doctorate level psychotherapists License, in good standing and the ability to pass the company's Credentialing process
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a medical leader that includes recruitment, direct supervision and performance management of Psychotherapy staff
- A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience practicing virtual care, outstanding clinical expertise, and strong business acumenPreferably licensed in multiple states (must be in good standing and active)
- Experience developing and launching clinical protocols
- Adaptable self-starter comfortable working in a startup where things move at lightning speed
- Professional, clear communicator with excellent attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills
- 100% Remote – hourly staff available during business hours Central Time! Must be available for video calls during these hours
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.