Last updated and effective as of June 5, 2020
The Services are not intended for use in the event of an emergency or other urgent situations. If you believe you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your local emergency medical system immediately.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Third-Party Analytics
- Links to Third Party Sites
- How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
- Note to International Users
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, request customer support, apply for a job with us, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account Information: When you register for an account on our Services, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include your name, email address, username, password, and phone number.
- If you use the Services as a client user (“Client”), we may collect information about your mode of virtual care delivery, the types of Providers you are seeking, current telehealth capabilities, quantity of patient visits per month, and any other information you choose to provide.
- If you use the Services as a Provider, we may collect information about your practice, including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number, areas of expertise, years of experience, NPI number, whether you have a collaborative agreement with a supervising physician in any states, referral information, license information, malpractice details, resume information, communications you have with other users through the Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Health Information: This includes details of your exchanges with Providers and their responses, suggestions, and guidance, and interactions with our digital services. Any PHI will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the business associate agreement that we have entered into with the Provider.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide: We may collect additional information that you provide, such as when you request technical or customer support, communicate with us, or apply for a job with us.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services. For example, we may collect information about how Providers use the Wheel Dashboard. We also collect information about onboarding trainings taken, earnings to date, and rates per consult.
- Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed and visited, and your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and use it as contemplated herein, including to provide the Services to and otherwise communicate with you.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Inform you of job opportunities and evaluate your suitability for a job;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Wheel and others, and provide information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Wheel and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers, including, but not limited to, hosting providers and payment processors, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With other users of the Services;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Wheel or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Wheel and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also sell or share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to other web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Services. These other web sites are not controlled by Wheel. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Services to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other web sites or mobile applications. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
While Wheel takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, please be advised that when information is transmitted over the internet, it cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
How We Respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, our Services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Services will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
Note to International Users
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so by logging into your account and selecting that option under Account Settings, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
If you have any questions about Wheel’s privacy practices, please contact us at: [email protected]
© 2020 Wheel Health, Inc.